Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up To Date
Thu March 7, 2013
What's Showing In Independent, Foreign & Documentary Film
If one thing stood out in 2012 filmmaking, it was the documentary.
From the rediscovery of a lost rock ‘n’ roller from the 70’s to rape in the U.S. military, the genre proved it can give us stories more powerful and moving than anything Hollywood could script.
On Friday's program, Up to Date's indie, foreign and documentary film critics look at several of these documentaries, let you know what’s opening now at area art houses, and alert us to what’s ahead on the cinematic scene.
Films we discussed today:
Which Way Is the Front From Here: The Life and Time of Tim Hetherington
Twenty Feet from Stardom
Searching for Sugar Man
West of Memphis