Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Up to Date
Thu November 21, 2013
What Is Common Core, And Does It Make Sense?
Common Core is the latest trend in classroom curriculum, but not everyone’s convinced that it’s better than previous plans. For each new education strategy, schools have to change gears and adapt—and that’s easier said than done.
On Thursday's Up to Date, we talk about what makes this plan different and how local school districts are adjusting.
- Jeremy Anderson, president of the Education Commission of the States
- Tanya Merrigan, executive director of curriculum and instruction for the Blue Valley School District
- Rochel Daniels, director of curriculum and professional development for the North Kansas City School District