Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu October 11, 2012
Gender identity is central to one's sense of self. So, when an individual undergoes a physical transformation, they alter more than just their appearance. It's an emotional journey that transforms lives.
On Thursday’s Central Standard, we'll be joined by members of our local transgender community.
Learn about a group that's still struggling for visibility, recognition and equality. Plus, find out about the step-by-step process to constructing a new identity.
Caroline Gibbs, Transgender Institute
There will be a National Coming Out Day celebration from 7 to 10 p.m. on Saturday, October 13, at The Kansas City Academy, located at 7933 Main St. This event is hosted by EQUAL and the Phoenix Leadership Team.
Shots - Health Blog