Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed May 16, 2012
Swimming & Pools
On Thursday’s Central Standard, it’s the final chapter in our three part series on how we seek out water. Part one was fountains. Then, we looked to local lakes and rivers. Now, we’re going to explore a childhood classic: swimming pools. Well, swimming and pools.
We'll add your favorite pools to our interactive water map of the city. Also, it's time to announce the winner of our water photo contest.
Remember those fun times at the local pool? When summer meant long days in a swimsuit and you could spend the afternoons kicking back on a float and drinking lemonade through a straw?
Find out about local pools to check out this summer, why swimming for fitness can be for anyone and how to take care of your backyard pool. Is it time to trade your Chlorine and other pool chemicals in for salt?
View The Search for Water in a larger map