Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Up to Date
Thu April 24, 2014
Returning Home To Build A New Life
It can be a lonely, difficult life when you’re a farmer on the high plains of western Kansas.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, we discuss a new memoir about a woman who returned to the family farm. We talk with her about the hardships she faced-- ghosts from her past, adjusting back to farm life after years away and dealing with the looming threat of drought as the nearby river levels kept dropping.
- Julene Bair, author of The Ogallala Road: A Memoir of Love and Reckoning
HEAR MORE: Julene Bair speak at 7 p.m. April 24, 2014 at Unity Temple on The Plaza, 707 West 47th St., Kansas City, Mo. For ticket information, contact Rainy Day Books.
Up to Date