Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Thu April 24, 2014
Returning Home To Build A New Life
It can be a lonely, difficult life when you’re a farmer on the high plains of western Kansas.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, we discuss a new memoir about a woman who returned to the family farm. We talk with her about the hardships she faced-- ghosts from her past, adjusting back to farm life after years away and dealing with the looming threat of drought as the nearby river levels kept dropping.
- Julene Bair, author of The Ogallala Road: A Memoir of Love and Reckoning
HEAR MORE: Julene Bair speak at 7 p.m. April 24, 2014 at Unity Temple on The Plaza, 707 West 47th St., Kansas City, Mo. For ticket information, contact Rainy Day Books.
Up to Date