Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed July 11, 2012
ReShonda Tate Billingsley: The Secret She Kept
Tia Giles is pregnant, she’s also suffering from a mental illness and her husband Lance must make the difficult decision of committing her to a mental institution to save the baby, his wife and their marriage.
This is the compelling plot of the new book The Secret She Kept by ReShonda Tate Billingsley, our guest for the second half of this Wednesday's Central Standard. We'll discuss attitudes towards mental illness in the African American community, and her experiences talking about these issues with her extensive fan base.
ReShonda Tate Billingsley will be speaking at the Kansas City Public Library, Central Branch 14 W. 10th St. on Friday, July 13th at 6 p.m. and talk at 6:30 p.m. More info here.
Follow KCUR health news on Twitter.