Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
Up to Date
Mon November 26, 2012
Ranking The Presidents
Quickly-- rank the presidents. Did you put Washington or Lincoln first? Where did you put Millard Fillmore?
On Tuesday's Up to Date, we’ll talk with political journalist Robert Merry, author of Where They Stand: The American Presidents in the Eyes of Voters and Historians, about how presidents were perceived in their own eras and why some of those views have changed over time.
We’ll look at where future generations might rank our recent commanders-in-chief among their presidential peers.
HEAR MORE: Robert Merry will speak at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 27 at the Plaza Branch of the Kansas City Public Library, 4801 Main St. There will be a reception at 6 p.m. To attend, click here or call (816) 701-3407.
Robert Merry is the editor of The National Interest. He has been a Washington correspondent for The Wall Street Journal and the executive editor of the Congressional Quarterly. He has written for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Weekly Standard, The National Review, The American Spectator, and The National Interest. He has appeared on Meet the Press, Face the Nation, Newsmakers, and many other programs. He lives in McLean, Va.
Up to Date