Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Smoked Foods In Kansas City
- 7 Things To Kick Off Fall This Weekend In Kansas City
- Things You May Not Have Known About The Kansas-Missouri State Line
- Huffington Post Names Kansas City 'Coolest' City In America
- At Twenty, Kansas City's 'Sky Stations' Are An Artist's 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Project
Thu July 10, 2014
Public Transit Tops Locals’ Wish List For Kansas City
More bus routes. More bike lanes. More sidewalks and more direct flights out of Kansas City International Airport.
Those were some of the recurring requests we received from Kansas Citians this week, in addition to a widespread call for commuter rail in the metropolitan area.
When we took to social media and asked, “What’s something that Kansas City needs?” transportation dominated the feedback that came in, followed closely by desired improvements to public schools in Kansas City, Mo.
Our question stemmed from a similar inquiry that appeared last month on social networking site Reddit, generating nearly 300 responses.
On Facebook, KCUR listeners also listed off some of these needs for the Kansas City area:
• A St. Louis-style city museum
• Better regional cooperation across the state line
• Improved sewer infrastructure
• Better bagels
See highlights from the KCUR Twitter responses below.
Tell KCUR is part of an initiative to engage the community and shine a light on your experiences and opinions. We’ll ask a new question every week and then share your feedback on the air and online. See our arsenal of questions — and your answers.