Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Sun August 4, 2013
Produce Wars: The Dirty Dozen Vs. The Clean 15
"Organic" has been the buzzword in produce for years, but not everyone has the budget to buy only fruit and vegetables with that certification.
In the second part of Monday's Up to Date, we look at two lists published by the Environmental Working Group, based on research conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration.
These lists are the Clean 15, a list of the fruits and vegetables least contaminated by pesticides, and the Dirty Dozen, which are on the opposite end of the scale.
The Clean 15
- Sweet corn
- Sweet peas (frozen)
- Sweet potatoes
The Dirty Dozen
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hot peppers
- Nectarines (imported)
- Sweet bell peppers
Harvest Public Media