Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Tue October 1, 2013
From Poetry To A Prairie Home
He’s a Minnesota guy on public radio with a loyal following. No, we're not talking about our own Steve Kraske.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, Garrison Keillor joins Steve to talk about his new book of poetry, O, What a Luxury: Verses Lyrical, Vulgar, Pathetic and Profound. We take a look at how he stays on top of his game when writing and producing and find out what he does to get around writer’s block.
HEAR MORE: Garrison Keillor talks about his new book of poetry at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday October 8 at Unity Temple on the Plaza. You can receive a copy of the book at two tickets to see Keillor by pledging $120 or more during the Up to Date segments of KCUR's Fall Membership Drive. Call Rainy Day Books in Fairway at 913 384 3126 for details about the event.
- Garrison Keillor is the host and writer of A Prairie Home Companion and The Writer's Almanac. He is the editor of two poetry anthologies, Good Poems and Good Poems for Hard Times, and the author of more than a dozen books, including Lake Wobegon Days, The Book of Guys, Love Me and Homegrown Democrat.
Up to Date