Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Fri May 31, 2013
A Passionate And Prolific Relationship: Frida Kahlo & Diego Rivera
They’ve been immortalized in museums, history books and on film. Their rocky marriage and ties to Communism made for fascinating lives. So how did Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera’s tumultuous relationship influence their colorful creations of Mexican culture?
Now Kansas City can take a peek into their experiences. The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is bringing a collection of their work to the Bloch Building. The paintings are from the collection of Jacques and Natasha Gelman, and they’ve never been displayed in our region until now.
On Friday's Up to Date, Julian Zugazagoitia, Director and CEO of The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, and Gregorio Luke, a Mexican art specialist, join Steve Kraske to talk about the Mexican artist couple whose work has captivated audiences for decades.
HEAR & SEE MORE: "Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera and Masterpieces of Modern Mexico from the Jacques and Natasha Gelman Collection" opens this weekend and runs until August 18. Tickets are free for members or you can buy tickets online or at the museum.