Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Up to Date
Mon January 6, 2014
Missouri And Kansas Lawmakers Tackle New Sessions
When lawmakers go back to work in Kansas and Missouri, they’ll have some hot issues to keep them warm.
On Monday's Up to Date, state lawmakers from both Kansas and Missouri join us to talk about those contentious topics. In Kansas, the buzz centers around school funding and how the state’s Supreme Court could change the budget for education.
Across the state line in Missouri, Democrats and Republicans are tussling over the competing interests of increasing financing for schools and Medicaid and the tax cuts favored by Republicans.
- Sen. Ryan Silvey (R, MO-17)
- Rep. Kevin McManus (D, MO-36)
- Rep. John Rubin (R, KS-18)
- Rep. Stephanie Clayton (R, KS-19)