Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Thu December 6, 2012
Medicare Open Enrollment Ends Tomorrow
Friday is the deadline for people with Medicare to make changes to change their health and drug coverage. If you have original Medicare, your benefits are administered by the federal government.
If you have Medicare Advantage, your plan is run by a private insurance company.
Now is the time when you can switch to Medicare Advantage, if you wish. On the other hand, if you want to drop your Medicare Advantage plan and switch to original Medicare, that opportunity runs from January first through February 14th.
This Friday's deadline also covers anyone on original Medicare who wants to change their Part D prescription drug coverage. If you're satisfied with your current coverage, you don't have to change anything. However, the drugs covered by the various plans may change from year to year, so it's always a good idea to check. You'll be stuck with whatever you choose--or don't choose--for all of 2013.
Follow KCUR health news on Twitter.