Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Wed April 17, 2013
Making Homes Safe For Kids
When you’ve put child locks on all the cabinets and plugged all the electrical outlets, what’s left to child-proof your home?
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, we’ll talk with Brett Horn, one of the founders of Charlie’s House about his family's story of tremendous loss and how they've turned grief into a quest for increased safety in homes with young children
After losing their son, Charlie, in 2007 to an in-home accident, Brett Horn and his wife Jenny have helped lead a local push focused on in-home safety measures for children. Charlie’s House is dedicated to reducing the number of injuries to children, in and around the home.