Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Wed February 20, 2013
How The Civil Rights Movement Evolved
What started as a few protests and sit-ins evolved into the Civil Rights movement, but how did that happen?
On Thursday's Up to Date, we’ll talk Taylor Branch, a historian who wrote about the 18 key moments that led to the massive movement in The King Years: Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement.
Taylor Branch is the author of Parting the Waters: America in the King Years, 1954-63; Pillar of Fire: America in the King Years, 1963-65; At Canaan’s Edge: America in the King Years, 1965-1968; and The Clinton Tapes. He has won the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Critics Circle Award.