Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Tue October 15, 2013
Grandmothers Against Gun Violence
In the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School and Washington Navy Yard shootings, many find themselves questioning the use of guns in society.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, we talk with a Cape Cod grandma who wants to change the dialogue on gun violence in this country. She joins Steve Kraske to discuss her plan to encourage accountability and responsibility while finding common ground with gun owners.
- Linda Alhart is president of the Cape Cod Grandmothers Against Gun Violence.
- Kathleen Glueck is the Mental Health Literacy Chair for the Cape Cod Grandmothers Against Gun Violence. Her grandson was at Sandy Hook Elementary when the shooting occurred. He survived without injury.
To learn more about the local chapter of Grandmothers Against Gun Violence send an email to: email@example.com.