Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Tue October 15, 2013
Grandmothers Against Gun Violence
In the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School and Washington Navy Yard shootings, many find themselves questioning the use of guns in society.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, we talk with a Cape Cod grandma who wants to change the dialogue on gun violence in this country. She joins Steve Kraske to discuss her plan to encourage accountability and responsibility while finding common ground with gun owners.
- Linda Alhart is president of the Cape Cod Grandmothers Against Gun Violence.
- Kathleen Glueck is the Mental Health Literacy Chair for the Cape Cod Grandmothers Against Gun Violence. Her grandson was at Sandy Hook Elementary when the shooting occurred. He survived without injury.
To learn more about the local chapter of Grandmothers Against Gun Violence send an email to: email@example.com.