Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurant Ambiance In Kansas City
- WATCH: Two Time-Lapse Videos That May Make Kansas City Lovers Cry
- St. Joseph School Board Fires Another Administrator, Demotes HR Director
- Two Kansas City Metro Schools Moving To Year-Round Calendar
- St. Joseph School Board Ousts Superintendent
Fri June 27, 2014
Food Critics: Best Unleaded Drinks In Kansas City
The dog days of summer are upon us and everyone is looking for good ways to keep cool. Though cocktails might do the trick, not everyone wants to get intoxicated while they sip a cold drink.
On Friday's Central Standard, guest host Charles Ferruzza is joined by the Food Critics to find out where the best refreshing non-alcoholic drinks in the Kansas City area are.
Here are their picks:
- Orange Julius — Dairy Queen Grill & Chill Restaurant, 615 Armour Road, North Kansas City, Mo.
- Cherry Coke — Winsteads, 101 Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd., Kansas City, Mo.
- Root beer — Mugs Up Root Beer, 700 E. 23rd St., Independence, Mo.
- Cherry phosphate, sangria — Dari B Drive In, 901 Isley Blvd., Excelsior Springs, Mo.
- Cherry limeade and malts — Christy's Tasty Queen, 1405 S. 55th St., Kansas City, Kan.
- Cherry phosphate — Clinton's Soda Fountain, 100 W. Maple Ave., Independence, Mo.
- Mango shake — Chai Shai, 651 E. 59th St., Kansas City, Mo.
- Sprite with mango syrup — various Sonic locations around the metro.
- Lemon hibiscus drink — Tikka House, 411 Main St., Kansas City, Mo.
- Frozen Blueberry Lemonade — various QuikTrip locations around the metro.
- Spicy ginger fizz — Little Freshie, 811 West 17th St., Kansas City, Mo.
- Milkshakes—Murray's Homemade Ice Creams, 4120 Pennsylvania Ave., Kansas City, Mo.
- Mocktails—The Rieger Hotel, 1924 Main St., Kansas City, Mo.
- Rhubarb tonic — Limestone Pizza, 814 Massachusetts St., Lawrence, Kan.
- Strawberry basil shrub — Tannin Wine Bar & Kitchen, 1526 Walnut St., Kansas City, Mo.
- Rosemary lemonade — Beer Kitchen, 435 Westport Road, Kansas City, Mo.
- Lavender lemonade — Sheridan's Unforked, 7337 W. 119th St., Overland Park, Kan.
- Hopped iced coffee — Filling Station Coffee, 110 Westport Road, Kansas City, Mo.
- Mint ice cream made into shake — Glace, 4960 Main St., Kansas City, Mo.
Refreshing drinks you can make yourself:
- Glass of cold tonic, lime, two drops of bitters.
- Blueberry lemonade with fresh picked berries.
- Emily Farris, food blogger and creative director for Feed Me Creative.
- Mary Bloch, food critic and blogger for Around the Block.
- Chris Becicka, food critic and co-author of You Can't Kill All the Men (Recipes for Business Leaders).
Central Standard Friday