Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Wed February 13, 2013
Film Traces Career Of KC Musician
He tickled the ivories from Kansas City to Paris in the 1920s. Now, a new documentary is chronicling organist Virgil Thomson’s journey from movie theater musician to trailblazer of the American style of music composition.
On Wednesday's Up to Date, we’ll talk about the Pulitzer Prize winner and KC native with co-producer and writer of the PBS film Aimee Larabee and Andrew Granade, associate professor of musicology at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Conservatory of Music and Dance.