Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- Meet The People Waiting In Line For The IKEA Opening
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
Tue September 18, 2012
Connecting To Visual Arts With PLUG Projects
On this Tuesday’s Central Standard, plug into a conversation with the artists behind the new arts gallery PLUG Projects. We’ll discuss their efforts to bring more thought-provoking works to Kansas City, local fundraising initiatives and resources to help develop local art writing and critique.
Later in the hour, visiting artist Carrie Scanga talks about "BREATHE: The Emergent Colony," her new experimental, collaborative exhibition that's transforming PLUG's gallery space.
Check out the photos above to see Scanga working on her bee colony-inspired installation. She used folded tissue paper structures to imitate the matrix of hexagonal cells in beehives.
The exhibition opening for BREATHE: The Emergent Colony will be 6 - 9 p.m. on Friday, September 21 at PLUG's gallery, located at 1613 Genessee St., KCMO. The installation will stay up until November 3.