norovirus

Kansas health authorities say they are investigating what appears to be another food-borne outbreak of gastrointestinal illness in Overland Park.

The Johnson County Department of Health and Environment says at least 10 people who ate at the Buffalo Wild Wings Grill and Bar at 105th Street fell ill, including students from the Shawnee Mission School District.

Creative Commons

A food-borne virus traced to an Overland Park dinner theater has sickened even more people than originally thought, health authorities say.

More than 600 people have now reported symptoms of norovirus after attending the New Theatre Restaurant in mid-January.

Since the first reports of the illness, state and local health authorities have been working with the popular venue on cleanup and safe food practices.

The investigation into the outbreak of the norovirus at New Theatre Restaurant has expanded. More than 390 people have reported illness after attending shows on January 17th. Sara Belfrey, of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment gives us the latest details. 

Creative Commons

Kansas health authorities now say that more than 390 people have reported getting ill after attending the New Theatre Restaurant in Overland Park.

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment says it’s expanding its investigation of norovirus infection after receiving the reports.

Creative Commons / Public Domain Images

More than 100 people who attended the New Theatre Restaurant in Overland Park on Sunday, Jan. 17, reported becoming ill, according to the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.

In a news release Wednesday, the agency says it’s investigating an outbreak of norovirus infection. Symptoms of the extremely contagious virus include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and stomach pain.

KDHE says it’s conducting a confidential online survey of people who attended the matinee and evening performances staged that day at the popular dinner theater.

CDC/Charles D. Humphrey

Kansas health officials say the outbreak of nausea and diarrhea that closed a suburban Kansas City elementary school last week was caused by norovirus.