Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu June 27, 2013
Your Guide To Quirky Day Trips In Kansas And Missouri
From the hair museum, to the bridge to nowhere and Big Brutus, there are some interesting and even bizarre things to see and do in Missouri and Kansas.
So grab the kids and a cooler, and take a day trip to one (or more) of these quirky destinations in our corner of the Midwest.
- Big Brutus - West Mineral, Kan.
- Leila's Hair Museum - Independence, Mo.
- The (haunted) Sallie House - Atchinson, Kan.
- Garden of Eden - Lucas, Kan.
- Glore Psychiatric Museum, one of the "1000 places to see before you die" - St. Joseph, Mo.
- Mushroom Rock State Park - Marquette, Mo.
- The Barbed Wire Museum - La Crosse, Kan.
- Fort Smith, remnants of a Civil War-era fort - St. Joseph, Mo.
- Canton ferry boat ride to nowhere - Canton, Mo.
- World's Largest Ball of Twine - Cawker City, Kan.
- Walt Disney's Hometown Museum - Marceline, Mo.
- Walt Disney's Laugh-O-Gram Studio - Kansas City, Mo.
- Dalton Gang Hideout and escape tunnel - Meade, Kan.
- World's largest hand dug well- Greensburg, Kan.
- Locust Creek Covered Bridge - Laclede, Mo.
- Lone Jack Cemetery, soldiers buried right on battlefield - Lone Jack, Mo.
- Quindaro Ruins, part of the Underground Railroad - Kansas City, Kan.
- Matfield Station, Santa Fe rail stop in the Flint Hills - Matfield Green, Kan.
- Mark Twain's birthplace - Florida, Mo.
Thursday's guests were Toni Alexander, Communications Manager of Visitkc.com and Julie McPike, Program Coordinator of Freedom’s Frontier National Heritage Area.
Central Standard Fridays
Up to Date