KC Fringe is now an 11-day festival, and includes nearly 400 performances by more than 100 artists in venues from downtown Kansas City, Mo., to the Country Club Plaza.
On Sunday, visual artists will display their works in a Fringe gallery at Union Station. And Thursday marks the kickoff at the Spencer Theatre, home of the Kansas City Repertory Theatre, with a red carpet walk and previews of performances ranging from visual arts to theater to spoken word and burlesque.
Here are some numbers to help you plan for Fringe:
- 0: No late admission to performances - and no refunds.
- 2: Number of mobile apps; there's one for Apple and one for Android.
- 5: Cost of the admission button to access all events.
- 5-15: Range of ticket prices to get into shows (most tickets are priced at $10).
- 10: Number of years the KC Fringe Festival has been in existence.
- 11: Days the festival will last, from July 17 to July 27.
- 11: Categories of events, including burlesque, comedy, dance, fashion, film, music, spoken word, teen, theater, visual arts and youth.
- 19: Venues in Kansas City, Mo. — downtown, Crossroads, Midtown, Westport, and the Plaza — as well as the Fruck (the mobile Fringe Art Truck).
- 27: Number of artists contributing to a Fringe gallery at Union Station.
- 30: Minutes before a performance tickets can be purchased, either at the box office or online.
- 60: Minutes in each show, unless you're told otherwise.
- 124: Number of artists, from around the world and the Kansas City metropolitan area, participating.
- 250: Cost of an all-access pass if you anticipate attending a lot of shows.
- 363: Number of performances slated for this year's festival.
- 411: Name of the information booth, Fringe 411, staffed at Union Station.
- 500: Amount that one local artist, selected by a public vote, will win in a new art contest.
KC Fringe Festival, July 17-27. Opening night events including a Fringe walk at 5:30 p.m. and Fringe teasers from 7 - 10 p.m., Spencer Theatre, James C. Olson Performing Arts Center, University of Missouri-Kansas City campus at 4949 Cherry St., Kansas City, Mo., 816-359-9195.