Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu April 20, 2006
Young Playwrights' Festival
The Partnership for Children earlier this week released results from a Kauffman Teen Survey of nearly 8000 middle and high school students in the metropolitan area. Those surveyed reported a general lack of optimism. But, some local teens are taking their personal experiences and turning them into plays or short monologues for the Coterie Theatre's Young Playwrights' Festival.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – "The Coterie Theatre presents the 13th Annual Young Playwrights' Festival: A Celebration of New Works April 27 and 28. The festival showcases ten new works from teen members of the Coterie's Young Playwrights' Roundtable, a talented group of select young adults that meets throughout the year to write and share plays. During the festival, each short play or monologue is given a staged reading by professional actors, directors and designers."