Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Mon November 1, 2010
Yoder Formidable Candidate In Kansas Third District
Johnson County, Kansas – If Democrat Stephene Moore wins in the Kansas 3rd Congressional District on November 2nd, she would be the first spouse in history to succeed a living incumbent.
A recent development in the campaign shows her opponent, Kevin Yoder, in a KMBC-TV video, uncomfortably dodging reporter Michael Mahoney while he peppers Yoder with questions about about a recent brush with the law. Yoder refused to take a breathalyzer test after being pulled over by police last year. The Pitch newspaper subsequently reported Yoder voted in favor of tougher restrictions on driving under the influence of alcohol while a Kansas legislator.
But in a conversation with Laura Ziegler, Steve Kraske of the Kansas City Star and KCUR's Up to Date, says Yoder is a formidable candidate.