Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon February 9, 2009
Writing for Comics: Jason Aaron
Local comic book writer Jason Aaron had a breakthrough year in 2008. It started off with him landing an exclusive contract at Marvel Comics, writing stories for superheroes like Wolverine and Ghost Rider. Then Scalped - his original series about crime, poverty and activism on a Native American reservation - was nominated for an Eisner. That's the Oscar of the comic book world. Finally, he was named 2008's best comic book writer by the industry magazine Wizard.
By Eugenio Taboada
Kansas City, MO – Jason Aaron recently sat down with KC Currents' Eugenio Taboada to talk about how he became a writer for comics, his inspiration for Scalped and what it means to be a comic book writer in Kansas City.