Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue May 1, 2007
A World Premiere of Carmen at the Kansas City Ballet
One of the foremost authorities in Spanish dance is in Kansas City helping stage flamenco choreography for the Kansas City Ballet's world premiere of Carmen, choreographed by artistic director William Whitener.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – SPRING PERFORMANCE 2007
May 3-6, Lyric Theatre (11th & Central)
Thursday, May 3, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, May 4, 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 5, 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 6, 2:00 p.m.
Choreography: George Balanchine
Music: Mikhail Glinka
Choreography: Bruce Marks
Music: Ralph Vaughan Williams
Carmen (World Premiere)
Choreography: William Whitener
Music: Rodion Shchedrin after Georges Bizet
For pictures from a recent rehearsal, check here.
This story was originally produced for KC Currents.