Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Tue October 20, 2009
Woman Charged On Assualt For Dropping Toddler From Balcony
Kansas City, MO – A 23-year-old Kansas City, North woman has pleaded not guilty to charges of assault after allegedly dropping her toddler from an apartment balcony.
Bond is set at a hundred thousand dollars for Callie Smith who was arrested late last week in the September 22nd fray.
Police accounts contend Smith had been damaging cars around the Northeast 79th Street apartments and running naked through a parking lot.
Shortly after, charges say Smith held her 22 month old son over the rail of a second floor balcony and threatened to toss him to the ground.
When the little boy was dropped someone on the ground caught him. Neither was injured.
Smith was evaluated at a hospital after her arrest last Friday. Her charges filed in Clay County Circuit Court include first degree assault.