Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- Kansas Seeks To Address Prison Guard ‘Correctional Fatigue’
- How One Sprint Employee Is Bracing For Expected Layoffs
Sun January 10, 2010
Winter Storm's Reach Is Wide
Greater Kansas City – We've had an extended period of bad weather in the Kansas City area, with historic amounts of snow, record low temperatures, and school cancellations - almost everyone's life has been disrupted.
Some are getting a little cabin fever -- like Joyce Lucas, a Kansas City woman who (as of January 6th) had only left her house once since Christmas.
While some feel stuck at home, others were required to be outside in the winter weather - providing water to rural Platte County, selling tires in , or running a snow plow in Overland Park. The Salvation Army delivered gloves, hats and other necessities to the homeless. Still others reveled in the winter weather, building igloos and skiing in Loose Park.