Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Sun January 10, 2010
Winter Storm's Reach Is Wide
Greater Kansas City – We've had an extended period of bad weather in the Kansas City area, with historic amounts of snow, record low temperatures, and school cancellations - almost everyone's life has been disrupted.
Some are getting a little cabin fever -- like Joyce Lucas, a Kansas City woman who (as of January 6th) had only left her house once since Christmas.
While some feel stuck at home, others were required to be outside in the winter weather - providing water to rural Platte County, selling tires in , or running a snow plow in Overland Park. The Salvation Army delivered gloves, hats and other necessities to the homeless. Still others reveled in the winter weather, building igloos and skiing in Loose Park.