Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Tue April 3, 2012
Windows Down, Stereo Up: New Music Releases With KCUR Hosts
Is your musical taste stuck in a rut? Don’t you wish you had cool friends to take you out to a record store for a music makeover? Well, now you do.
Join Central Standard this Tuesday as we enjoy a selection of new artists and releases, perfect for this time of the year. We'll be joined by familiar KCUR voices including Renee Blanche of Night Tides, Chuck Haddix of the Fish Fry, and Bill Shapiro of Cyprus Avenue. They've put together an eclectic collection of songs, perfect for driving around town with your windows down, and stereo up.
And we want to hear from you – what new artist or album is going to be your soundtrack of the long, hot summer ahead? Give us a call at 816-235-2888, or shoot us an e-mail.
Some song selections from our guests...
- Ruthie Foster – The Titanic
- Lee Fields & The Expressions – Walk On Thru That Door
- Clarence Milton Bekker – Tomorrow Dream
- Nathan James – Chosen Kind
- Uwe Gronau – Caleña
- Al Gromer Khan – Kula Jazz (She Gave Me The Fruit And I Have Eaten)
- Cyber Zen Sound Engine – Headlong into Night
- Bruce Springsteen – Jack of All Trades
- Dion – You Keep Me Cryin'
- Lee Fields - I Still Got It
- Hawthorne Headhunters - No Crying Now, No Lyin Down
Sample some sounds for yourself:
Bruce Springsteen --
Lee Fields --
Hawthorne Headhunters --
Nathan James performing in a Dutch studio gets really wonderful after 6:20 --