Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
End Of The "Border War"
Mon February 20, 2012
Will The Tiger Lie Down With The Jayhawk?
On Saturday, February 25, 2012, a more than 100 year-old tradition will come to an end. It's a competition that some say has roots in the Civil War era.
Kansas City is ground zero for the college rivalry known as the "Border War" (or more recently downgraded t0 the "Border Showdown") between the University of Kansas and the University of Missouri.
At the end of the school year, Missouri leaves the Big 12 for the Southeastern Conference, or the SEC.
Whether you're a Jayhawk or a Tiger, or have no dog in the fight, there's been no escaping the sometimes friendly, sometimes ugly banter between fans. Now just days away from the last men's basketball game these two may ever pla, KC Currents' intern Carrie Coogan checked in with fans from both sides of state line at Governor Stumpy's, a neighborhood restaurant in Waldo, during a Missouri game last week.