Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri July 17, 2009
Whoop De Doo Family Days at the Kemper
In 2006, a group of local artists designed an exhibition with the central purpose of spotlighting Kansas City art and artists in other cities. The show was called Whoop Dee Doo and has since that time expanded into something that looks more like a variety show on a sugar high.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – Though the creative team behind the show is intensely devoted to Kansas City - and in particular, Kansas City children and teenagers -they are fast developing a name for themselves internationally. Listen to an extended interview with artist Jaimie Warren about her work here.
Saturday, August 29, 3:00-5:00 p.m. Performance Day!
From the Kemper website: "Get your whoop on for Whoop Dee Doo! Artists and collaborators, Jaimie Warren and Matt Roche, will lead fun-filled summer art-making workshops for families and children of all ages. Free, but reservations suggested for each event. Contact Beth Harris at bharris (at) kemperart (dot) org or 816-457-6134."
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast