Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
January 22, 2012
Fri January 20, 2012
Where Is KC Jazz?, Tuskegee Airmen, Veggie Revolt
The show for January 22, 2012. Click "Listen" to hear the entire show, see below for individual stories.
With the future of Jardine's up in the air and the closing of other local clubs, we ask local jazz insiders (including Bobby Watson, Hermon Mehari, Mark Lowrey, Bill Brownlee, Tim Whitmer and more) about where the future of the genre will be in Kansas City.
Red Tails, George Lucas’ World War II film about the first African American Air Force pilots, or the Tuskagee Airmen, opens this weekend. Former Kansas City resident Colonel Charles McGee shares his stories about being a part of this pioneering group.
Learn about a small business incubator opening on Prospect Boulevard that will help small contractors grow in their industry.
From Harvest Public Media, reporter and vegetarian Jessica Naudziunas explores the options for eating vegetables in the nation's breadbasket. It's a response to New York Times KC bureau chief AG Sulzberger's recent piece, Meatless in the Midwest.