Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurants Within 250 Miles Of Kansas City
- St. Joseph Public School Administrator Returns As Stipend Scandal Continues
- Going To Kansas City: Finding More Room To Think, Literally
- What Kansas City's Guilty Pleasures Cost On Both Sides Of The State Line
- Brownback Won't Allow Marriage Rights To Gay Couples In Kansas
Up to Date
Thu September 6, 2012
The Weekend To-Do List: September 7 - 9, 2012
Need something to do for the weekend of September 7-9? Fear not! Brian McTavish returns with the Weekend To-Do List for Kansas City.
Daryl Hall and John Oates: 8 p.m. Saturday at Starlight Theatre in Swope Park. Tickets: $15 (standing room) to $149.50
Y’allapalooza featuring Dierks Bentley: 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre (Sandstone), Bonner Springs, Ks. Tickets: $14 to $38
Animation Celebration: CinemaKC and Midwest Association of Professional Animators present the first local film festival highlighting the work of Midwest animators. Opens at 5 p.m. with art vendors and animators mentor center; program of animated shorts begins at 8:30 p.m. Boulevard Digital Drive-In Theatre, 1501 Merriam Lane, Kansas City, Kan. Admission: $20 per carload
2012 Free State Comicon: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at 2110 Harper St., Building 21, Douglas County Fairgrounds, Lawrence, Kan. Admission: $5
KC Chalk & Walk Festival: Street painting; 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Crown Center Square, 2450 Grand Blvd.
Sand in the City Sand Sculpting Contest: Parking lot transformed into sandy beach; family fun day 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Wonderscope Children’s Museum, 57th and King, Shawnee Mission, Kan.