Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Up to Date
Thu May 23, 2013
The Weekend To-Do List: May 24-27, 2013
Looking for ways to take advantage of Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-27, 2013? Brian McTavish has some ideas for you on the Weekend To-Do List.
Cheap Trick (Rock), 8 p.m. Saturday at the Voodoo Lounge at Harrah’s Casino, North Kansas City. Tickets: $38, $75
Yoga Rocks the Park: Rock Your Chakras (Move and stretch in unison), 9 a.m. Sunday at Roanoke Park, 3701 Roanoke. Admission: Free
Kansas City Symphony’s Celebration at the Station (Memorial Day weekend concert with Oleta Adams, U.S. Air Force Concert Jazz Band of Mid-America and Musicorps), 8 p.m. Sunday at Union Station, 30 W. Pershing. Admission: Free
ConQuesT 44 (Kansas City’s longest-running science fiction convention), Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Holiday Inn CoCo Key Water Resort, 9103 E. 39th (across from Truman Sports Complex). Admission: $35 single day or $65 for all three days
National Tap Dance Day Celebration (jazz tap jam hosted by Billie Mahoney and the Mike Ning Trio), 7:30 p.m. Saturday Uptown Arts Bar, 3611 Broadway. Cover: $5
Up to Date