Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Up to Date
Fri May 17, 2013
The Weekend To-Do List: May 17-19, 2013
Looking for ways to enjoy the weekend of May 17-19, 2013? Brian McTavish has some options for you on the Weekend To-Do List.
West Bottoms Car Show (Stuff that goes vroom for sale, trade or just showing off), peels out at 10 a.m. (awards show at 6 p.m.) Saturday under 12th Street Bridge; vendors in “Edge of Hell” parking lot. Admission: Free
Citywide Seed, Plant & Bulb Exchange: Trade label potted plants with others. Take home as many trays as you bring: heirloom vegetables, berries, trees, annuals, perennials, houseplants. Begins at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Anita B. Gorman Conservation Discovery center, 4750 Troost Ave., Kansas City, Mo.
“Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie!” (See the movie and meet the stars in a post-screening Q&A with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes), 8 p.m. Friday at The Midland, 1228 Main. Tickets: $35 to $55 ()
The Grisly Hand (Country), 8 p.m. Saturday at Crossroads KC. Tickets: $10 in advance
Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlán (Traditional Mexican folk music), 4 p.m. Sunday at Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, 1601 Broadway. Tickets: $29 to $79 ()