Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Up to Date
Thu August 1, 2013
The Weekend To-Do List: August 2-4, 2013
Looking for something fun to start your August this weekend? Brian McTavish has some choices for you on the Weekend To-Do List.
Taylor Swift: The Red Tour (Pop sensation), 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Sprint Center, 1407 Grand Blvd. Tickets: $29.50, $84.50
UniverSoul Circus (Big tent circus), 10:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Thursday; 10:30 a.m., 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Friday; noon, 4 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday; 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. Sunday next to Starlight Theatre in Swope Park. Admission: $15 to $28
Kansas City Opera Institute inaugural concert (Pre-professional singers perform scenes and short one-act operas in modern settings), 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday (repeated Aug. 9 and 10) at Arts Asylum, 1000 E. Ninth St. Admission: Free
“An Adult Evening of Shel Silverstein” (Playwright slam/staged reading of words by Silverstein (who wrote ‘Cover of the Rolling Stone’) featuring Fishtank acting apprentices, 8:30 p.m. Thursday through Sunday at Fishtank Performance Studio, 1715 Wyandotte St. Tickets: $15
Rush (Rock and roll hall of famers), 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Sprint Center, 1407 Grand Blvd. Tickets: $53 to $128
Up to Date