Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Mon March 4, 2013
Website Helps Companies Find Bilingual Employees
As Kansas City’s Spanish-speaking population increases, many industries are adapting by hiring more bilingual employees. But how can they tell when someone is truly bilingual? Gabe Munoz, and his partner Raul Duran launched a website late last year to assess the language abilities of bilingual job applicants, and help match them with employers. So far, about 300 job seekers have signed on.
Munoz spoke to KC Currents’ Susan Wilson about his start-up company, HireBilinguals.com.
Hire Bilinguals is a finalist in the MillerCoors Urban Entpreneurs Series business plan competition. Munoz hopes to use prize money to expand the site’s offerings to other languages and other regions.