Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri December 17, 2010
WEB EXTRA: NEA Chair Rocco Landesman
Rocco Landesman, chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts, was the keynote speaker for the Downtown Council's annual luncheon on December 10, 2010. Landesman's talk focused on the impact of the arts on revitalization and urban development.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – A Broadway producer, Rocco Landesman praised the level of arts activity during his tour of Kansas City. He also proposed the city as a candidate for his new $5 million grant program, "Our Town." It will provide support for the arts in 35 communities.
William Dietrich, President and CEO, Downtown Council of Kansas City, provided the introductory remarks. The event took place in the Grand Ballroom at the Kansas City Convention Center.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast