Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Wed December 6, 2006
WEB EXTRA: Ahmad Alaadeen on Jay McShann
Saxophonist Ahmad Alaadeen grew up down the street from Jay McShann. Here, Alaadeen tells a story from his childhood about walking down the street, disobeying his mother to hear McShann play.
By edited by Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Missouri – Members of the community are invited to pay their respects to Jay "Hootie" McShann in the American Jazz Museum Atrium, located at 1616 E. 18th Street in the Historic 18th & Vine Jazz District in Kansas City, MO. A visitation will be held at the Gem Theater on Thursday, December 14 from 4 to 7pm, followed by blues, jazz and tributes. McShann's funeral will be Saturday, December 16 at the Watkins Brothers Funeral Home.