Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri January 15, 2010
WEB EXTRA: Adele Hall Talks about Personal Favorites in African Art
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art announced a promised gift of seven works of African art from the private collection of Adele and Donald Hall, in honor of the Museum's 75th Anniversary.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – According to Adele Hall, a personal favorite is a work she and her husband, Donald Hall, affectionately call "The King." She says, "You see the tilt of his head and the chin coming out, the strength of the pose. He is saying, 'I am king! My household is protected and this place will stay safe.'"
The seven works of African art from the Hall's collection will be on view in the exhibition Magnificent Gifts for the 75th, February 13, 2010 - April 4, 2010.