Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Fri August 28, 2009
Warhol Exhibit Focuses on Celebrity Culture at the Spencer Museum
When the Spencer Museum of Art in Lawrence received a collection of 180 of Andy Warhol's photographs in 2008, it wasn't long before the museum's staff felt compelled to spotlight the gift within the context of Warhol's New York circa the 1980s.
By Steve Walker
Lawrence, KS – What the show, "Big Shots," reinforces is that, though Andy Warhol has been dead for more than 20 years, his fanatic obsession with the rich and famous foreshadowed today's tabloid culture.
You can find a complete list of Andy Warhol's works at the Spencer Museum of Art here.