Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Thank You, Walt Bodine
Tue April 24, 2012
The Walt Bodine Collection: Interview With Werner Von Braun
Enjoy this selected audio from the Walt Bodine Collection, courtesy of the Marr Sound Archives at the Miller Nichols Library of the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Interview with Werner Von Braun
Broadcast discusses uses for rockets including military, space travel, visiting the moon, Von Braun youth, and his coming to America.
ABOUT THE WALT BODINE COLLECTION:
In the late 1980s Walt donated a small collection of his recordings to the Marr Sound Archives. A selection of these recordings has been digitized and is made accessible online here. Many of the programs focus on events of historic importance in the history of Kansas City, including the 1951 flood, the 1957 tornado, and the 1968 riots. In addition, selected interviews with notable figures from the worlds of politics, music, literature, and science are also available. Listeners of these recordings will discover – or have reiterated for themselves – that Walt Bodine is, indeed, Kansas City’s master broadcaster.