Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- How The Kansas-Missouri State Line Became A Road
Thank You, Walt Bodine
Tue April 24, 2012
The Walt Bodine Collection: The Hyatt Regency Walkway Collapse
Enjoy this selected audio from the Walt Bodine Collection, courtesy of the Marr Sound Archives at the Miller Nichols Library of the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
1981 Hyatt Regency Walkway Collapse
Presswatch Hyatt Regency walkway collapse edition (featuring our own Dan Verbeck)
ABOUT THE WALT BODINE COLLECTION:
In the late 1980s Walt donated a small collection of his recordings to the Marr Sound Archives. A selection of these recordings has been digitized and is made accessible online here. Many of the programs focus on events of historic importance in the history of Kansas City, including the 1951 flood, the 1957 tornado, and the 1968 riots. In addition, selected interviews with notable figures from the worlds of politics, music, literature, and science are also available. Listeners of these recordings will discover – or have reiterated for themselves – that Walt Bodine is, indeed, Kansas City’s master broadcaster.