Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue February 12, 2013
The Walmart Effect On Kansas City
The convenience and accessibility of Walmart as a one stop shop is what makes the business empire one of the most successful in the country. It is also the largest private employer in the United States and Mexico, but when a Walmart comes to town, what effects does it bring in terms of jobs and the local economy?
Tuesday on Central Standard we look at Walmart's impact on our local economies. We talk with economics professor at Ball State University Mike Hicks, Daniel Morales, the company's Communications Director and hear the reaction from residents in Lee's Summit about a proposed store coming to the area.