Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon October 31, 2011
Walker's Three to See: <i>Love Crime</i>
KCUR's Steve Walker shares his top movie picks of the week.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – Bilingual actress Kristen Scott-Thomas plays a bi-curious and ruthless advertising executive in this delicious, sick and twisted thriller from French director Alain Corneau. Ludivine Sagnier (Swimming Pool) co-stars as Isabel, Christine's (Scott-Thomas) prot?g?, who has lately found herself the creative force behind new campaigns yet forced to sit back and watch Christine unabashedly take the credit. Isabel's willingness to be so easily usurped comes from both naivete and the fact that she and Christine have been simultaneously playing flirtation games and sharing a male lover. When Christine cruelly humiliates Isabel at a work function, the latter finally finds her spine - not to mention a very sharp knife. The first hour to this contemporary film noir is the set-up and the second the delivery of an intricately constructed crime drama that would make Alfred Hitchcock very proud.