Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue March 16, 2010
Voices From The Meeting That Closed 26 KCMO Schools
Kansas City, Mo. – Dramatic change came to the Kansas City, Missouri school district this week. After months of research and community meetings, the school board voted 5 to 4 to close 26 schools. It was a harrowing vote for all the school board members, and more than 40 years of Kansas City's history with its school district came up in the final public discussion.
Hear some voices from the meeting in this order: board members Duane Kelley, Cokethea Hill, Kansas City Federation of Teachers President Andrea Flinders, and board members Joel Pelofsky and Marilyn Simmons.