Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu October 15, 2009
Veterans Seek Clean Energy
Jefferson City, MO – A group of military veterans is taking a cross-country bus tour to tout climate change as a national security issue. They met with reporters Wdnesday in Jefferson City, across the street from the State Capitol Building. Matt Victoriano ( served in the Marine Corps in Iraq. He says clean energy sources, such as wind and solar power, are better alternatives than both domestic and foreign oil production.
Victoriano: "Oil is still an unclean energy source, and directly contributes to climate devastation, so that wouldn't solve our problems."
Victoriano also says climate change can create destabilization in third-world countries and contribute to terrorism. The bus tour also has stopped in Kansas City, St. Joseph, St. Louis, and Springfield earlier this week.