Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Wed July 14, 2010
Unemployment Rates Soar For African Americans
Kansas City, MO – The NAACP wraps up its national convention in Bartle Hall today. The group's resolution condemning racism in the Tea Party movement on Tuesday drew widespread attention. But one of the most pressing issues discussed at the convention hasn't generated as many headlines.
Leaders of the long-standing civil rights organization are trying to tackle the nation's dismal unemployment rate. As KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross reports, the situation is even worse for African Americans.