Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Wed July 14, 2010
Unemployment Rates Soar For African Americans
Kansas City, MO – The NAACP wraps up its national convention in Bartle Hall today. The group's resolution condemning racism in the Tea Party movement on Tuesday drew widespread attention. But one of the most pressing issues discussed at the convention hasn't generated as many headlines.
Leaders of the long-standing civil rights organization are trying to tackle the nation's dismal unemployment rate. As KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross reports, the situation is even worse for African Americans.