Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue December 23, 2008
UMKC Chancellor Leo Morton
Kansas City, MO – UMKC interim chancellor Leo Morton originally said he didn't want the position permanently. He thought it should go to an academic, and that tends to be the faculty's preference. But last week, the university's faculty welcomed the retired Aquila executive as its new chancellor. He'll soon face deep budget cuts, at the same time as enrollment is climbing and new building projects are underway. KC Currents' Sylvia Maria Gross recently spoke to Leo Morton about the shift from the business world, to academia.