Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon October 15, 2012
Tuesday Is Kan. Deadline To Register To Vote In November
A deadline is looming to register to vote in Kansas time for the fall election. The cutoff in Kansas is Tuesday, October 16th.
Voter advocacy groups have been working to register people in the final days.
Marge Ahrens is with the League of Women Voters of Topeka and Shawnee County. She says people who’ve recently been married or made other changes should fill out a new voter registration form
"Lots of people move, and they move often. The other issue is that if you haven't voted for a few years, you probably had better re-register."
Kansans can register to vote at county election offices or online at the secretary of state's website. The deadline to register to vote in Missouri was October 10th.